2Mb ADSL offered at just 25 a month

Old July 19th 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoOne

Default 2Mb ADSL offered at just 25 a month

2Mb ADSL offered at just 25 a month

Cheap at half the price, well. really, it is

By Rob Kerr: Friday 18 July 2003, 13:33

BULLDOG COMMUNICATIONS announced yesterday an offer on its 2Mb residential
service, tying in with the expansion to over 450 exchanges.
Bulldog have reduced, in its "summer madness" offer, their PrimeTime 2000
residential package from 33.99 to 24.99 per month (29.36 inc.VAT), the
same price as their current PrimeTime 1000. This offer is time limited, and
will be running until the 31st August, where it will switch back to the
normal price.

PrimeTime 2000 is their "time-of-day" higher usage ADSL service, where
between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 512Kbps is provided (Mon-Fri) and all
other times (including holidays) 2Mbps downstream is available - a rather
unique service.

So, 118 hours a week of 2Mpbs and 50 hours at 512Kbps (just in case you
needed it worked out for you).

The upload speed will be 256kbps at all times, however, if you are lucky
enough to live inside Central London, and are connected to one of Bulldog's
25 exchanges then 400Kbps upstream is possible.

Once signed up to the contract the price will remain constant throughout the
12month duration Check for availability here.

Rob Kerr is editor-in-chief of NetworkReviews.net

Old July 22nd 03, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maximilian K.

"NoOne" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

I considered moving to Bulldog or Fast24.net Residential broadband services.

However... I started reasoning with myself...

Both ISPs have the installation fee that is worth a monthly or bi-monthly
fee for 512K.
Bulldog wants yearly contract, and Fast24 3-months which is better, yet
still not good enough as Virgin.net just needs a monthly notice should you
decide to cancel with them.
If I don't like the new service, cancellation would be a problem.
If my landlady decides she wants to sell (I now rent), it would be a
disaster.
Many people will indeed switch ISPs just to receive faster downloads or
faster ping to game server.
That would probably load capacities beyond their capabilities, as so far
only two ISPs offer residential 1M and 2M services... Which may offer
sub-optimal service quality.

I remember when signing up with Virgin.net broadband 512, I had to pay
activation fee, even though it was reduced. A month later, the subscription
cost nothing... Jumping does no good.

Hopefully BT Home 1000 and 2000 are approaching. I read something about the
plans to add these to BT Wholesale service list.

What do you think for yourself: Migrate or Wait?
--
Maximillian!