ADSL Modem with Ethernet out?

Old July 20th 03, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SpeedEight

Default ADSL Modem with Ethernet out?

Can anyone recommend a ADSL modem with an Ethernet out?
USB is no good to me.

I presently have a DSL/Cable wireless router and and wireless
PCMCIA card for my laptop. My NTL cable modem is plugged into
the WAN in ethernet port on the router.

But I'm moving from a cabled area to an area that only has ADSL
as an option. So what I want to do is just get an ADSL modem
with an ethernet out to go into my router.

Any thoughts / suggestions welcome, cheers.
Old July 20th 03, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I tried Netgear DM602 but it just didn't work, taken it back to PC World,
swapped for Zoom A4ADSL which works just fine, £10 more though.
By the way both these modem have Ethernet port as well as USB (which is what
I need).
Regards,
Martin

Old July 21st 03, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darran West

"SpeedEight" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone recommend a ADSL modem with an Ethernet out?
USB is no good to me.

I presently have a DSL/Cable wireless router and and wireless
PCMCIA card for my laptop. My NTL cable modem is plugged into
the WAN in ethernet port on the router.

But I'm moving from a cabled area to an area that only has ADSL
as an option. So what I want to do is just get an ADSL modem
with an ethernet out to go into my router.

Any thoughts / suggestions welcome, cheers.

I use a D-Link DSL-300G+. I've used since my exchange was upgraded to ADSL
(at the end of April) and it has worked perfectly since then. It is plugged
into the WAN port of a DSL/Cable router (not a wireless one).

Darran

Old July 23rd 03, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I tried Netgear DM602 but it just didn't work, taken it back to PC World,
swapped for Zoom A4ADSL which works just fine, £10 more though.
Zoom was dead easy to set up.