ADSL Move

Old July 20th 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Rodgers

Default ADSL Move

Voice in the desert: Quiet, isn't it, Les Desser?

Double-check that Demon can transfer your old hostname even if the first
line stops before the second one goes live, else you will *have* to
ensure the new line is up and running before ceasing the old..

Demon's instructions are to send the 'cease and reprovide' order by fax,
and then wait for their sales people to contact me. I guess, when they do,
I should ask them if the transfer can be done.

Just in case the sales people that I've already asked don't have a clue.

As far as BT is concerned, they are installing a new ADSL line. As you
are not moving your number, it is a standard ADSL installation and
nothing can go wrong - except for the normal things that do sometimes go
wrong You have no direct dealings with BT - it is all through your
ISP.

Excellent. That's reassuring.

Nothing that Demon have said suggests that what I intend to do will be a
problem for *them*.

Let us hope so!

[grin]

Thanks for your advise.
--
URL:http://www.wildcard.demon.co.uk You can never browse enough
Will write code that writes code that writes code for food.
Old July 20th 03, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Martin Rodgers
writes
Double-check that Demon can transfer your old hostname even if the first
line stops before the second one goes live, else you will *have* to
ensure the new line is up and running before ceasing the old..

Demon's instructions are to send the 'cease and reprovide' order by
fax, and then wait for their sales people to contact me. I guess, when
they do, I should ask them if the transfer can be done.

I would include in *very-large* letters on the fax that you want to
keep/move your hostname. Better be safe.
--
Les Desser