Advice on best service provider

Old July 21st 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phian

Default Advice on best service provider

Hi there, our area will be enabled for Broadband in September.

Currently
am with Clara and Plusnet and am requesting advice on which ISP is a

good
choice and opinions of newsgroup members.It doesn't have to be my

current
ones. I have looked at comparison lists but think more experienced

members
are a useful source of review. Any advice appreciated in advance. High

costs
would be a problem. Thanks in anticipation. Sue
http://www.ohnurse.co.uk

Going by magazines and newsgroups, I must be in a minority but am

pleased
with BTOpenworld broadband. I have been with them in various packages

for
six or seven years and have never felt tempted to go elsewhere. I did

try
several others first CompuServe, Demon, AOL and a couple of others I

forget
but once I switched to BTinternet, as it was then, I saw no reason to
change. Sure I've had hiccups with it now and again but never anything

major
and always resolved very quickly.
I'm sure you have started a long thread here I will be interested to

see.

Phian

Thanks for reply Phian, do BT Openworld have webspace and email? If not,

how
do you get round this? Kind regards, UKOHN

BTOpenworld have these but BTBroadband does not which is why it is cheaper.

http://www.btopenworld.com/gateway/gatewayBBHome

http://www.btopenworld.com/default

http://www.bt.com/btbroadband/ns_home.jsp

Later this year BTOpenworld will become BTYahoo.

Both services have one month free deals, if you already know anyone on
BTOpenworld you could arrange for that friend to recommend you then you
would each get 20. There are other offers such as free activation. Check
out the links above for details.

Phian

Old July 21st 03, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Nelson

Having read the groups discussions I came up with

Andrews and Arnold
(expensive - no more than BT - but best service)
Nildram
PlusNet
I am going with plusnet as they are cheapest - still good service and
speed and best inclusive package - webspace/ static ip etc.

Cheers

Ian