ADSL with Telewest

Old July 22nd 03, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Default ADSL with Telewest

I am trying to get an ADSL connection to a phone line in Edinburgh
that is supplied by Telewest. All of the information on ADSL that I
have seen has said that a BT line is required. I have checked with
Eclipse and F2S who both say that they cannot connect ADSL to a
Telewest phone line.

Am I limited to Blueyonder or is there another ADSL ISP that I can
use?

Thanks.

Bill.
Old July 22nd 03, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broomhall

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:48:21 +0100, Bill
wrote:

I am trying to get an ADSL connection to a phone line in Edinburgh
that is supplied by Telewest. All of the information on ADSL that I
have seen has said that a BT line is required. I have checked with
Eclipse and F2S who both say that they cannot connect ADSL to a
Telewest phone line.

Am I limited to Blueyonder or is there another ADSL ISP that I can
use?

This is a technical limitation. Because of the way that cable
phone lines are supplied ADSL cannot work on such connections.

The 'equivalent' is to have a cable-modem, i.e. Blueyonder in your
case.

For ADSL to work there must be a 'pure' metal (i.e. copper) path
between your house and the exchange.

Regards,
Harry.

Old July 22nd 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

"Bill" wrote in message
Am I limited to Blueyonder or is there another ADSL ISP that I can
use?

You are limited to Blueyonder if you want broadband yes, but it is an
excellent and very reliable service. (in my case anyway) Reviews of
Blueyonder Broadband are usually good!!

Paul

Old July 23rd 03, 06:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Thanks guys, Blueyonder it is then!!

Bill.
Old July 24th 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:09:29 +0100, Bill
wrote:

Thanks guys, Blueyonder it is then!!

Look forward to seeing you

Alex

---

Alex Brown
Internet Infrastructure Consultant
Internet & Interactive Services, Telewest Broadband
Old July 24th 03, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoOne

Default ADSL with Telewest (they do offer it)

Telewest only offer a DSL connection on their WorkWise systems, sorry

Old July 24th 03, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

Alex Brown wrote:

Look forward to seeing you

As long as you don't mind the company of sexual deviants and other
assorted freaks.

--
I may be tolerant, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.