NTL 150K at 250K

Old July 22nd 03, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Cooper

Default NTL 150K at 250K

Mark McIntyre wrote:

snip

Not everyone wants their children reading
streams of obscenities.

Why is it that people with kids think the rest of the world should be
censored on the off chance that one of their kids might read something they
don't hear every day at the average school ?

--

Martin
Old July 23rd 03, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:33:38 +0100, Martin Cooper
wrote:

Mark McIntyre wrote:

snip

Not everyone wants their children reading
streams of obscenities.

Why is it that people with kids think the rest of the world should be
censored on the off chance that one of their kids might read something they
don't hear every day at the average school ?

So what you're saying is, its ok to swear at kids, tell them to fork
off, etc, because they've heard it already? You're one sick bar
steward.

And isn't it interesting that its always "censorship" when someone
objects to foul-mouthed rants? Or maybe, just maybe, you know in your
heart that you're wrong, and you just don't have the guts to admit it?
Old July 23rd 03, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:57:51 +0100, Mike duab wrote:

CB wrote...

I have no idea. It's a lame excuse which is always trumpted around.

I also notice that no-one has replied to my explanatory post,
matter has gone very quiet.

your explanatory post? Which one would that be? The childish supposed
reporting of Jasper? Anyway CB, why are you talking to yourself?

Old July 23rd 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Cooper

wrote:

Mark McIntyre wrote:

snip

Not everyone wants their children reading
streams of obscenities.

Why is it that people with kids think the rest of the world should be
censored on the off chance that one of their kids might read something

they
don't hear every day at the average school ?

So what you're saying is, its ok to swear at kids, tell them to fork
off, etc, because they've heard it already? You're one sick bar
steward.

And isn't it interesting that its always "censorship" when someone
objects to foul-mouthed rants? Or maybe, just maybe, you know in your
heart that you're wrong, and you just don't have the guts to admit it?

Well, unlike you, I can't be bothered with the name calling. I'm not Mike
by the way. I'm just sick of the net cops that think they have the right to
decide what other people can do. Normally, I don't swear on newsgroups.
However, I don't feel I have the right to inflict my morals on everyone
else.
Also, since when has posting an opinion to a newsgroup got anything to do
with swearing at kids ? If you can't be arsed to keep an eye on what your
kids are doing, and prevent them seeing the langauge that offends your
morals, then tuff ****. Why the hell should the rest of the planet do your
job for you ?

As for in my heart, I feel that everyone, even you, has the right to express
their opinion in any way they choose. But the fact that you have the right
to express your opinion does not mean I have to agree with it so FOAD.

--

Martin