BT delay

Old July 22nd 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobS

Default BT delay

Having waited 1 year to get a date for my exchange to be enabled, which was
meant to be tomorrow BT are saying that it is now delayed. Has anybody else
had delays after their exchange was meant to be upgraded, if so, how long ?

Rob

Old July 22nd 03, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe

"RobS" wrote in message
Having waited 1 year to get a date for my exchange to be enabled, which

was
meant to be tomorrow BT are saying that it is now delayed. Has anybody

else
had delays after their exchange was meant to be upgraded, if so, how long

?

Rob

Are we talking Aberconwy here?

Joe

Old July 22nd 03, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:27:57 UTC, CB wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:24:08 +0100 and in article [email protected]
2.news.uk.tiscali.com, RobS said...
Having waited 1 year to get a date for my exchange to be enabled, which was
meant to be tomorrow BT are saying that it is now delayed. Has anybody else
had delays after their exchange was meant to be upgraded, if so, how long ?

How did you find out their was a delay? My exchange is due to go live
TOMMORROW, I even went up and saw the Fujitsu lads with their 2 vans
installing the equipment

Someone else just told me their exchange had reached the threshold a few
weeks ago, but won't be ready until October. With the drop in
thresholds, I guess those two Fujitsu guys are rather busy...

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old July 22nd 03, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

On 22 Jul 2003 17:44:29 GMT and in article 176uZD2KcidF-pn2-
, Bob Eager said...
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:27:57 UTC, CB wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:24:08 +0100 and in article
[email protected]
2.news.uk.tiscali.com, RobS said...
Having waited 1 year to get a date for my exchange to be enabled,
which was meant to be tomorrow BT are saying that it is now
delayed. Has anybody else had delays after their exchange was
meant to be upgraded, if so, how long ?

How did you find out their was a delay? My exchange is due to go
live TOMMORROW, I even went up and saw the Fujitsu lads with their
2 vans installing the equipment

Someone else just told me their exchange had reached the threshold

few
weeks ago, but won't be ready until October. With the drop in
thresholds, I guess those two Fujitsu guys are rather busy...

From what the BT engineer on site was telling me (he even told me

the
date he'd switch on my line after checking in his diary!) the

Fujitsu
guys usually take 2-3 days to install the equipment, whereas the

boys
from Alcatel take only a DAY!

Quite interesting I thought.

You should see the difference in the quality of work as well, Alcatel
wins hands down even though they do the quicker job..

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 22nd 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobS

I spoke to BT. I'm getting from my company but they won't apply until the
web site says it's available, don't ask me why !!!

Does someone on here work for Alcatel ?

Rob

"CB" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:55:40 +0100 and in article wMfTa.370$xe6.5836
@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, Kráftéé said...
You should see the difference in the quality of work as well, Alcatel
wins hands down even though they do the quicker job..

Can you maybe elaborate on this?
--
CB

Old July 23rd 03, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:55:40 +0100 and in article
wMfTa.370$xe6.5836
@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, Kráftéé said...
You should see the difference in the quality of work as well,

Alcatel
wins hands down even though they do the quicker job..

Can you maybe elaborate on this?

Nope the exchange manager is still dealing (twisted & sleaved isn't
really good enough for permanent wiring)

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 23rd 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Gillespie

RobS enlightened the world by saying on 22/07/2003 17:24:

Having waited 1 year to get a date for my exchange to be enabled, which was
meant to be tomorrow BT are saying that it is now delayed. Has anybody else
had delays after their exchange was meant to be upgraded, if so, how long ?

Rob

Consider yourself VERY lucky. We have been CAMPAIGNING for over a year,
and still have yet to reach our trigger. You have been handed broadband
on a plate (OK it may be 2 weeks late or so, but you are getting it).

www.broadband4preston.org.uk

--
"There's only 2 things you need in a tool box. Duct tape in case
something is moving and it shouldn't. WD-40, in case something isn't