Email problems with networked broadband?

Old July 22nd 03, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark&Lisa

Default Email problems with networked broadband?

Eden wrote:
I must apologize in advance - my technical knowledge is terrible.

We have 3 computers networked to BT's Business 500 Plug and Go, after
other people have told us that this is an easy and economical way to
use broadband. We have about 6 email addresses with this service, and
we find that routinely we have trouble downloading mail for these
addresses. Half the time there is an error downloading most of the
email and outlook express cannot process it. My computer is often
fine, interestingly enough given that mine is NOT the computer
directly connected to the broadband. But my two friends' computers are
terrible. Is there a technical reason why we would have problems
downloading email? I know that BT's Plug and Go does not support more
than one computer, is this the reason, or is there something we can
rectify on our end?

Thanks!

Eden

bt mail servers are known to be crap