To far from exchange is that it? or can i try something else

Old July 23rd 03, 03:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rob w

Default To far from exchange is that it? or can i try something else

Hi,I've just moved to a new house and when the BT eng was installing
the phonelines he said that we can get Broadband no problem. Anyway we
have waited to get our old number transfered, thats all done now.
So far so good. I applied to fast24 for ADSL and just recived an email
back saying that BT state we are to far from the exchange "more than
5.5Kms" so its no can do.
Is this it or is there something else i can do to get ADSL at a
reasonable cost?
Cheers, Pi**ed off rob.
Old July 23rd 03, 06:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon howe

Try www.adslguide.org for news on new 60db(6km) extended reach trial.
I beleive you have missed the trial, but hopefully they will roll it out
in late august/early sept

regards

In article , rob w
writes