Oftel rules that 28.8 k is the bare minimum

Old July 23rd 03, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Default Oftel rules that 28.8 k is the bare minimum

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:28:41 +0100, "Clueless"

So BT get away with using Dax services, shouldnt we lobby Oftel to include
greater than 33.6 as the minimum net access ?

While it may appear to have given credibility to DACS it is a very
important enhancement from 2.4kbps. What isn't clear is what prompted
this change - EU? government? customer pressure?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old July 23rd 03, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

Hiram Hackenbacker wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:28:41 +0100, "Clueless"

So BT get away with using Dax services, shouldnt we lobby Oftel to
include greater than 33.6 as the minimum net access ?

While it may appear to have given credibility to DACS it is a very
important enhancement from 2.4kbps. What isn't clear is what prompted
this change - EU? government? customer pressure?

Probably the knowledge that this one is safely in the bag & 6 months down
the line they can announce 99% compliance.
Call me cynical but I think OFTEL are toothless.

S. Althaf

Old July 23rd 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:18:26 +0100, "Clueless"

So BT get away with using Dax services, shouldnt we lobby Oftel to
include greater than 33.6 as the minimum net access ?

While it may appear to have given credibility to DACS it is a very
important enhancement from 2.4kbps. What isn't clear is what prompted
this change - EU? government? customer pressure?

Probably the knowledge that this one is safely in the bag & 6 months down
the line they can announce 99% compliance.
Call me cynical but I think OFTEL are toothless.

They are toothless - but more importantly they are trying to gain as
many brownie points before Ofcom come along. Edmonds clearly wants an
award for his services to Broadband.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker