Oftel rules that 28.8 k is the bare minimum

Old July 23rd 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Draxen

Default Oftel rules that 28.8 k is the bare minimum

"Clueless" wrote in message

So BT get away with using Dax services, shouldnt we lobby Oftel to include
greater than 33.6 as the minimum net access ?

I don't think you'll get very far, anything above 28.8 on a regular dial-up
line is achieved via software compression, something that BT have no control
over. In theory if you can get a 28.8kbps connection on an analogue line
then you should be able to get v.92 if both modems are so enabled.

Old July 24th 03, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Draxen wrote:

"Clueless" wrote in message

So BT get away with using Dax services, shouldnt we lobby Oftel to include
greater than 33.6 as the minimum net access ?

I don't think you'll get very far, anything above 28.8 on a regular dial-up
line is achieved via software compression, something that BT have no control
over. In theory if you can get a 28.8kbps connection on an analogue line
then you should be able to get v.92 if both modems are so enabled.

I thik 56k is acheveable without compression.