Need ISP that takes cash/cheques

Old July 23rd 03, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Need ISP that takes cash/cheques

I'm with Zen for my sins, but I've had enough of them now and need to move
on, anyone know of any ISP's that will allow me to pay by cheque or cash, I
have no problem paying for first payment by CC if I have to, but only that
transaction not every month, sorry Zen but your attitude sucks just like
your news server and even the ADSL service has become a joke now

Old July 23rd 03, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phillip Deackes

In article , John wrote:
I'm with Zen for my sins, but I've had enough of them now and need to move
on, anyone know of any ISP's that will allow me to pay by cheque or cash, I
have no problem paying for first payment by CC if I have to, but only that
transaction not every month, sorry Zen but your attitude sucks just like
your news server and even the ADSL service has become a joke now

Eclipse send out a monthly bill for their services which can be paid for
in several different ways - you could send a cheque, or pay over the
counter at a high street bank - Eclipse's account details are printed on
the bill.

They are also currently the no. 1 ADSL provider according to adslguide.

--

To reply remove your shorts first!

Phillip Deackes
Old July 24th 03, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Jason Clifford wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, John wrote:

What services are you looking for?

Jason Cilfford
--

Just simple ADSL 512/256 and a news server that don't crap out every other
day and holds most binaires.

Old July 24th 03, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, John wrote:

Just simple ADSL 512/256 and a news server that don't crap out every other
day and holds most binaires.

Ours does not currently offer binaries.

You could take out a news account with Clara though as their news server
is generally very complete. We take our news feed from them but don't take
any binaries.

I may soon be able to offer a full usenet service including binaries but
it will cost extra.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/ professional hosting/ADSL BroadBand

Old July 24th 03, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Mike wrote in message
news.com...
John wrote...

Zen + Clara combo.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm trying to get away from Zen.

Old July 24th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Mike wrote in message
news.com...
I dunno why.. Their only real problem is the newsserver which
they admit. Most ISPs have ****e newsservers anyway and most UK
ISP's would rather not provide an usenet service.

There are enough free ones about and some very good inexpensive
ones for binaries. Clara, Fu-Berlin and Teranews to name but a
few.
--
Mike

Mike the story with Zen and I goes back a few months and there attitude
towards there clients sucks like I've not seen since the days of
Screaming.net, they are one of the most expensive ADSL providers and
therefore I expect better from them on both there ADSL service, which
whenever it goes down they always blame BT, and as for news server they say
I don't pay for it so what do I expect, well if that's there attitude then
I'd rather walk and take my money elsewhere and get a cheaper ADSL provider
and a separate news provider, when they see people walking in enough numbers
they might learn a lesson from it.

Old July 24th 03, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Jason Clifford wrote in message

From the Zen pages it looks like that is a VAT exclusive price (which is
not a lawful practice for Home products!). The inclusive price looks to be
27.99

That looks to be mid range in pricing terms. It may be worth considering
that those who are not making sufficient profit on each connection may be
limiting their ability to ramp up bandwidth quickly.

Jason Clifford

That's right that wondefull thing called VAT!!!

Old July 25th 03, 04:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zvxr

CB wrote....

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:34:55 +0100 and in article
rver.com, Mike said...
John wrote....

What was actually said and by whom?

Didn't get there name but this has been posted before in zen support

Is Zen support a closed froup

Fraid so.

So, how is one supposed to see a psot, in a closed froup to which
access is only available via a server that's always offline?

Just out of interest leik.

Old July 25th 03, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631 wrote:

The law is very clear that you must quote all consumer prices
as VAT inclusive.

Maybe someone can persuade OneandOne.co.uk to do so, and get
a number of PC magazines to do a round up where "699 pounds"
is the VAT inclusive price, as they generally seem to be the
suppliers' ex-VAT prices from my sightings. Peter M.

PC magazine ads are not explicitely consumer focused for the most part so
they can probably get away with it for most mags.

1&1 do seem to be quoting consumer prices ex VAT.

Perhaps it is time this matter were brought to the DTI as an official
complaint. It's likely that they'd be interested from the consumer
perspective and the competition perspective both.

Jason Clifford

Old July 25th 03, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:09:40 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

PC magazine ads are not explicitely consumer focused for the most
part so they can probably get away with it for most mags.

I was thinking more of the magazine article "10 PCs under 699 pounds"
where the PCs can often be classed as for office use, based on software
as part of the package, or not, whether aimed at gamers, or "the rest"