Madasafish now spamming their EU's

Old July 23rd 03, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lord GMH

Default Madasafish now spamming their EU's

Reply from Madasafish (Brightview) Customer Support re-spamming their users
every day.

Dear ******,

The message is automatically sent once each day you connect. If you

sign-up
to one of the services the mail will stop.

Otherwise it will continue to remind you until 14/08/03.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer Service

End Quote

basically they're stopping EU's who don't dial in or use their DSL service
from popping their mail through other ISP's and keep sending a sales ad
every day despite requests to stop. The best thing is they are mailing
despite EU's never ever agreeing or subscribing to their opt in mails when
they originally signed up to the Madasafish service (Iomart sued to own
them).

I'm appalled at the standards of some ISP's these days.

Lord GMH

Old July 23rd 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clunk

Lord GMH wrote:

[...]

Jings! (pun intended)
To think I nearly singed up for their ADSL service too.
Just as well I saw the light ....
Im chanting as I type........

Old July 24th 03, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lord GMH

"Clunk" wrote in message
-snip-
Jings! (pun intended)
To think I nearly singed up for their ADSL service too.

How do you think I feel I used to work for them and was one of the initial
team who started it all off with Iomart at the time.
Then they sold out to Dimview (ooops sorry my mistake, brightview) who have
systematicly ruined it.

Just as well I saw the light ....
Im chanting as I type........

I did see the light and got out before Iomart flogged the brand ;-)

Gary

Old July 24th 03, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clunk

Lord GMH wrote:

"Clunk" wrote in message
-snip-
Jings! (pun intended)
To think I nearly singed up for their ADSL service too.

How do you think I feel I used to work for them and was one of the initial
team who started it all off with Iomart at the time.
Then they sold out to Dimview (ooops sorry my mistake, brightview) who have
systematicly ruined it.

Just as well I saw the light ....
Im chanting as I type........

I did see the light and got out before Iomart flogged the brand ;-)

Gary

Strange how things can degenerate.
Especially as their whole package seemed so good at the start.

ps I meant to say I nearly signed up not sang for them , lol.

Old July 24th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Why not just report them to the ISPA in the UK ?

Seems a fair route as the ISPA is making such a show of stopping spam ?

Old July 25th 03, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lord GMH

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
Why not just report them to the ISPA in the UK ?

LOL - Nah I like the ISPA members and they have a hard enough time as it is
without me adding to it.

Lord GMH