Order was 'Amber' - Now it's 'Green'......How Come?

Old July 24th 03, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
g00se

Default Order was 'Amber' - Now it's 'Green'......How Come?

"John Pearse" wrote in message

Not that i'm complaining.....this sounds good to me. However, why or how

has
this happened? Just curious.

As far as I am aware, exchanges that are not yet enabled yet have a go-live
date are marked as amber, until alcatel/texas
instruments/insert-dslam-manufacturer-here have confirmed that the dslam is
installed and functional. Once the dslam is installed a more integral test
of the line can be actioned, and a clearer idea of the sustainable
throughput identified.

Hope this helps =)

Old July 24th 03, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HamMan

"g00se" wrote in message
"John Pearse" wrote in message

Not that i'm complaining.....this sounds good to me. However, why or how

has
this happened? Just curious.

As far as I am aware, exchanges that are not yet enabled yet have a

go-live
date are marked as amber, until alcatel/texas
instruments/insert-dslam-manufacturer-here have confirmed that the dslam

is
installed and functional. Once the dslam is installed a more integral test
of the line can be actioned, and a clearer idea of the sustainable
throughput identified.

Hope this helps =)

Never trust BT with anytthing, you just know that your going to get an email
withing the next couple of days saying that BB is not possible on your line