Dynamic IP address on PIPEX xtreme solo

Old July 24th 03, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Dynamic IP address on PIPEX xtreme solo

In article ,
(Colin Wilson) wrote:

I think they have messed things up.
I cannot connect to my pc from the internet at all now.

If you have moved from a static to dynamic IP address, consider getting
a free DNS redirect from somewhere like
www.dyndns.org - that way you
can always find your machine as long as you have a program running in
the background on your PC to update the DNS server.

I use an old program called yipost and it`s served me perfectly for at
least the last 2 years, it`s just hard to find now to download :-}

dyndns.org have a list of clients on their website

https://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html

though for some reason yipost.exe isn't there.

Anyone wants it I can put it on a website for download.

- Steve

Old July 25th 03, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

though for some reason yipost.exe isn't there.
Anyone wants it I can put it on a website for download.

It went out of development about 18 months ago IIRC, and was dropped from
the supported clients list.

Still works though :-p