Broadband ok with two computers?

Old July 25th 03, 12:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

Default Broadband ok with two computers?

In article , Pete Stockdale wrote:
Is it possible/feasible to have two pc, that are situated close together,
connected to broadband via a single standard USB ADSL Modem so that either
of them can go on-line but with only one pc on-line at any one time?

I have NTL cable broadband and decided to buy a router. To avoid opening up
the PCs I also got D-Link USB to ethernet converters (I chose a Belkin
router that only has ethernet ports). This means that I don't have to go
diving under the desk to change cables over and can surf/email/download
files on both machines simultaneously, with not much reduction in perceived
speed.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford