AOL Broadband

Old July 25th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Watkins

Default AOL Broadband

AOL broadband is a rebadged BT 288 / 576

gratis
BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem

item code 009782

made in Taiwan for BT

BT sent a technician when I dropped TeleWest
in order to save money

BUT the DSL was plug and play off the AOL 800 CD

I got digital TV with a rebadged ON box from Dixons and a indoor antena with an amplifier fron ARGOS (I can see the Sutton Coldfield
mast)

Watching streaming video TV from Denmark 450 kbs give one frame every 3 to 5 seconds

full motion for about10 11 secs until it sgtalls
MS Media player 9

I get the soundtrack from Eurosport
by real player about 16kbs at the same time

I have el heat with a double meter AND
when it changes price it stalled the modem
a reboot cured that

AOL UK had good 0800 help lines (actually in Waterford)

but they could not cope with SP 4 on Windows 2000

so I had to go back to SP 3 (NT 500 underneath)

any body used BT drivers with SP4 and NT 5 orWIN2000 ?

from the 7th floor of a tower in Chelmsley Wood
B37

same weather as Coleshill http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03535.html

Hugh W

--