Order was 'Amber' - Now it's 'Green'......How Come?

Old July 25th 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

Default Order was 'Amber' - Now it's 'Green'......How Come?

"John Pearse" wrote in
:

My exchange is being activated on 20/08, and I have an activation date
of 29/08. My line was originally showing as 'Amber' (May be able to
have 512kbps service etc, etc). When I chack it now, it's 'Green'
(Should be able to have up to 2mbps service).

your line will have two "colour" designations, the first for 2M and the
second for 512k. So if it was RA Red means no 2M and Amber means maybe
512k.

If it is then tested or revised due to recalculation or survey it may
change. It may be Amber Green meaning maybe for 2M and definitely for
512k

try putting your number into http://www.x11.net/adslchecker/index.php

the exchange does not need to be enabled these are codes n a BT
database.

Phil