Has anyone used the Dlink DSL-300+

Old July 26th 03, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Roberts

Default Has anyone used the Dlink DSL-300+

I can get ADSL very soon and I need an ADSL modem with ethernet connection
to connect to the rest of my network

Has anyone used this - is it any good?

Old July 26th 03, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Master Card fomerly Jon Mitchell

Yes, I have used the DSL-300G+ for 3 months and found it maintains a solid
and fast connection.

I'm selling mine at the moment as I now have a Draytek Vigor Router.

Check this, why not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ategory=37 06

Jon

Old July 27th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darran West

"Keith Roberts" wrote in message
I can get ADSL very soon and I need an ADSL modem with ethernet connection
to connect to the rest of my network

Has anyone used this - is it any good?

I've used one of these since May and there hasn't been a single problem with
it. It is linked up to a Belkin DSL/Cable four port router so that I can
share the connection around the house.

Old July 29th 03, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Keith Roberts" wrote in message ...
I can get ADSL very soon and I need an ADSL modem with ethernet connection
to connect to the rest of my network

Has anyone used this - is it any good?

I bought one to replace a modem/router (wanted to get the real ip
address).
At the moment it acting as a paper-weight. I get an OK upload speed
and about 20 kbps download, conpaired to a regular 470 kbps with the
modem/router.

Dlink tech support will promise to phone back (and wont) - even worse
you may get routed to some arrogant American who will tell you it is
Demons problem ( see comment about connecting with my modem/router)

I would also recomment you avoid dsl-warehouse.co.uk. Although they do
deliver promptly (bought both mode/router and modem) from them,
getting some support/GRN number is fraught with difficulties. The
woman on the phone tried to tell me I had to contact the manufacture
because that was in their terms and conditions.
A quick read of the sale of goods act (available on a .gov site near
you) shows that the seller could be liable for up to 6 years) I assume
that other "differences" also exist.

PS They (dsl-warehouse) want to charge 20ukp to take it back and test
it. With their attitude I would just expect to get it staight back.

--
Rod Stringer

dsl-warehouse.co.uk - just dont