XBOX - firewall rules

Old July 26th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yak

Default XBOX - firewall rules

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:23:33 +0100, SpikyJoe wrote:

I have a DrayTek Vigor 2600.
I have connected to it my XBOX

Connecting to the game servers works fine. However, the firewall keep
thinking that it is getting UDP flood attacks, and blocks the IP.
So the game connection terminates.

I have tried setting the XBOX IP as the DMZ, still no good.

I don't want to switch off the 'flood' detection (No Halo jokes please).

Does anyone have or know of a set of XBOX firewall rules.

Thank you.

Mark

Here's how I got mine to work:

Firewall/Router is 192.168.111.1 (substitue for your firewall/router
internal addresses)

1. Set X-Box to have static address (follow instructions on DVD for this),
ie 192.168.111.4, with gateway address of 192.168.111.1, netmask
255.255.255.0 etc
2. On your firewall add new rule to allow:
Inbound from 0.0.0.0 (ie Internet) to 192.168.111.4 (your X-Box)
Protocol: TCP Ports: 3074
Protocol: UDP Ports: 88 and 3074

Outbound from 192.168.111.4 (your X-Box) to 0.0.0.0 (ie Internet)
Protocol: TCP Ports: 3074
Protocol: UDP Ports: 88 and 3074
3. Active firewall rule (ie restart)

and hay presto....got this working on Watchguard SOHO and all is fine.