changing ISP's

Old July 27th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default changing ISP's

am I correct in assuming that when your line is enabled for adsl,
there willi be no setup charge if I change my ISP other than penalty
charges etc.

_Wrong_, the only way to avoid set up charges is to migrate from one
ISP to another. If you cease one & then go to another set up charges
will normally apply...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 27th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher

am I correct in assuming that when your line is enabled for adsl, there
willi be no setup charge if I change my ISP other than penalty charges etc.

---

Old July 27th 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article m,
critcher said......

am I correct in assuming that when your line is enabled for adsl, there
will be no setup charge if I change my ISP other than penalty charges etc.

Just looked at bulldogs run through for changing ISP's ,seems like a lot of
hassle when your line at the exchange is already enabled.
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/index.asp

I think Bulldog's Primetime offering is DataStream as opposed to the
IPStream that ISPs use for 512k residential. It will therefore mean a
cease & re-provide as it needs to be moved to a different part of the
DSLAM.
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com