Dropping...

Old July 27th 03, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spencer

Default Dropping...

Hi,

our office ADSL connection drops everyday approx 2 to 4pm !!! & then won't
stay 'up' for more than about 40mins...
system tray lights got red- needs a re-boot to cure it, but as I say 40 odd
mins later drops again.
line used for fax, have been asked to swap filters around - to which we have
fitted new ones !
line is fine during fax transmission & receiving.

got a BT man coming on Wednesday, anyone have any ideas ?

Kind Regards

Old July 27th 03, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Pilbeam

"Spencer" wrote in message
Hi,

our office ADSL connection drops everyday approx 2 to 4pm !!! & then won't
stay 'up' for more than about 40mins...
system tray lights got red- needs a re-boot to cure it, but as I say 40 odd
mins later drops again.
line used for fax, have been asked to swap filters around - to which we have
fitted new ones !
line is fine during fax transmission & receiving.

got a BT man coming on Wednesday, anyone have any ideas ?

Kind Regards

The thing I'd be asking my self if it happens EVERY day at the SAME is what is
happening in the office or locally at that time.
Is somebody switching on another piece of equipment between 2 and 4 ? Are any
lights on a timer ?
Can you plug the fax into another line temp ??

Old July 27th 03, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Master Card fomerly Jon Mitchell

"Spencer" wrote in message
Hi,

our office ADSL connection drops everyday approx 2 to 4pm !!! & then won't
stay 'up' for more than about 40mins...
system tray lights got red- needs a re-boot to cure it, but as I say 40

odd
mins later drops again.
line used for fax, have been asked to swap filters around - to which we

have
fitted new ones !
line is fine during fax transmission & receiving.

got a BT man coming on Wednesday, anyone have any ideas ?

Kind Regards

Make him a nice cup of tea?

Jon

Old July 27th 03, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:11:29 +0100, "Spencer"
wrote:

our office ADSL connection drops everyday approx 2 to 4pm !!! & then won't
stay 'up' for more than about 40mins...
system tray lights got red- needs a re-boot to cure it, but as I say 40 odd
mins later drops again.
line used for fax, have been asked to swap filters around - to which we have
fitted new ones !
line is fine during fax transmission & receiving.

got a BT man coming on Wednesday, anyone have any ideas ?

I had very similar problems when I was with BTO and using the crappy
frog modem. It took many irate phone calls to BTO to get an engineer
round. The engineer as a last resort replaced the modem, and that
sorted out that problem.

Getting a router and getting away from BTO has helped even more.

Andrew.
Old July 27th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

?
Are any lights on a timer ?
Can you plug the fax into another line temp ??

Yopu could be on the right track here as excessive RF can & does cause
DSL circuits to drop synch, even things like Xmas lights can create
this problem. Check to see if _any_ local electrical equipment is
switching on at that time...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 28th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spencer

Yopu could be on the right track here as excessive RF can & does cause
DSL circuits to drop synch, even things like Xmas lights can create
this problem. Check to see if _any_ local electrical equipment is
switching on at that time...

Do'h... knew I shouldn't keep switching on the Christmas lights !!!
(but they are so dam pretty) lol

was hoping for a definitive answer !! (if only life was that easy)

Thanks for the help...

Kind regards