Which OS?

Old July 28th 03, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stroller

Default Which OS?

"foreverArsenal" wrote in message ...
Hi
I've been reading all posts on this group for a few weeks now trying to get
an understanding
of ADSL,some I understand,some are just to hi-tech for me (getting old) .

Any how I've just signed up with Plus-net (yesterday),my exchange should go
adsl on the 30th
July.The package I've gone for is the USB modem,however the computer that I
have at this time
is running Win95osr2b so I need to upgrade,so my Q is is one Windows OS
better with adsl?
xp,win 2000,me.

The current processor runs @333 meg, with128 ram,8gig hd.Would these specs
allow full speed with adsl (512bps)?.

If you get a router, then your current spec is fine - you won't need
any upgrade at all..! Except maybe for a network card, which i can do
you for a fiver. ;-]

Funnily enough, I currently have an ADSL router on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3037949017
No bids at 1. 8-[
And it's a very nice little unit.

Stroller.