BT BROADBAND / BT MIIDBAND - WHAT A DISGRACE ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Old July 28th 03, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Fairbairn

Default BT BROADBAND / BT MIIDBAND - WHAT A DISGRACE ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I thought that everyone should know about this so that they can be
warned when buying BT MIDBAND that the BT MIDBAND connection charge is
NON REFUNDABLE when BT finally sees fit to install ADSL at your local
exchange.

I signed up for BT MIDBAND on the 9th June, having been informed (by
my town's local website www.dunbar.org) that Dunbar was being ADSL
enabled on the 8th October and broadband would be available then. I
have had my name down on BT's system for broadband since day 1.
Despite this I find out about my town's ADSL status by browsing google
and discovering, quite by chance, that the town is getting ADSL in
mid-October.

I will be pursuing BT to get a refund for this charge whilst
contacting my lawyer to determine whether or not BT are breaking the
law in selling me equipment that was to become obsolete within a few
months.

rant about uk incompetent telecomms system and new EU vat rules
crippling my business deleted
Old July 28th 03, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

"Richard Fairbairn" wrote in message
om...
I signed up for BT MIDBAND on the 9th June, having been informed (by
my town's local website www.dunbar.org) that Dunbar was being ADSL
enabled on the 8th October and broadband would be available then. I
have had my name down on BT's system for broadband since day 1.
Despite this I find out about my town's ADSL status by browsing google
and discovering, quite by chance, that the town is getting ADSL in
mid-October.

I will be pursuing BT to get a refund for this charge whilst
contacting my lawyer to determine whether or not BT are breaking the
law in selling me equipment that was to become obsolete within a few
months.

You haven`t a leg to stand on, you agreed to a 12 Month contract for
Midband...

I`m sure Bt Broadband or Bt Openworld will "buy you" out of your Midband
contract i.e. pay the remaining month`s left on your contract with Midband
if you sign up with either for Broadband (well they were buying out people
on ISDN/Homehighway a few month`s ago..

Old July 28th 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddie Grant

Richard Fairbairn wrote:
[...]

No leg to stand on, YOU chose to have it installed, not BT, you also should
know from the terms and conditions/ BT site BEFORE you ordered that you have
to PAY to have the line converted AND converted back.

And also how is this a warning about BT Midband, I think that most people
(obviously not you) would read in to it and find out all the costs and
advantages/ disadvantages about a service before they signed up for
something.

Old July 28th 03, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:15:27 +0100, Graham in Melton
wrote:

Pop down the chemists and get more tablets will you .

Someone else who can afford the increased cost of the UK being in the
CM well I can't and neither can I afford the cost of changing from
the British pound to the euro . Many people lost out when we where
forced to decimalize our currency and I am in no mood for a repeated
performance.
If you want to be ruled by Brussels then for God's sake get a ticket
on Eurostar and go and live there I will stay here and try and live
the life here in the UK that I have been used to for 61 years without
any further interferences from Brussels .
Come back Mrs T pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
Monty .
Old July 28th 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

61 eh, not ,long to go then .....

Keep your blood pressure down of you wont make four score years and ten.

I'm surprised you've made it this far tbh as you seem to consider everything
a personal attack on you. I assume you still have gas lamps in your house,
drive an Austin A40 and want to bring back the thruppeny bit.

You remind me of Mr Angry, from Radio 1 in the 1980's - to be laughed at and
pitied for the poor narrow minded paranoid relic sadly not missed.

If its all right, I 'll call you Victor Meldrew.

Okay VM ?

Old July 28th 03, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

Default BT BROADBAND / BT MIIDBAND - WHAT A DISGRACE œœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœœ

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:38:57 UTC, Graham in Melton
top posted:

I'm surprised you've made it this far tbh as you seem to consider everything
a personal attack on you. I assume you still have gas lamps in your house,
drive an Austin A40 and want to bring back the thruppeny bit.

I bet he moaned about the change from the groat, too...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old July 28th 03, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:38:57 +0100, Graham in Melton
wrote:

61 eh, not ,long to go then .....

Nope only another three years eleven months and nineteen days and I
can officially retire .
Keep your blood pressure down of you wont make four score years and ten.

I don't have BP .
I assume you still have gas lamps in your house,

Nope gas is to expensive .
drive an Austin A40

And what would be wrong with driving an A40 although I don't do so.
and want to bring back the thruppeny bit.

Quite, good strong old fashioned ENGLISH currency it is a real pity we
can't go back to 1950 and start again just give the idiots in
Westminster a chance to put right the terrible wrongs they have done
to this country of ours .
If its all right, I 'll call you Victor Meldrew.

Don't to many people already do so )))))))))))))))))))))and what is
so wrong with Victor anyway he only spoke his mind and told it has it
really was/is .
I was in our local Tesco on Saturday on approaching the fresh meat
counter the butcher was cleaning the glass front of the counter
display yes sir pound of sausage please plonk onto the scales they
went and into a bag thank you sir have a good day .
I did I went straight to the customer service desk and demanded to
speak to the manager WHY would I have done this Graham and to be
honest with you I hope the guy got the sack !!!. The guy was very
polite etc and Victor would have done exactly what I did for the same
reason.
Monty .
Old July 28th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article , Monty
said......

wrote:

[...]

You should have reported them to Trading Standards. Loose meat must be
priced and sold in kilograms.
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com
Old July 28th 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:09:46 UTC, Monty wrote:

I don't have BP .

Then you must be clinically dead!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Old July 28th 03, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monty

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:20:42 +0100, Mugwump
wrote:
You should have reported them to Trading Standards. Loose meat must be
priced and sold in kilograms.

I still ask for and buy in pounds and ounces and get the equivalent
weight in Kg, not all that long ago a local butcher closed his shop
because he refused point blank to go buying new scales etc just
because Brussels said he had to do so .
If all shopkeepers and garage owners here had refused point blank
to change over we would still be selling and buying in pounds and
ounces and buying our fuel in gallons and our government or its
masters in Brussels could have done bugger all about it .
Monty