Registering interest with Virgin.net

Old July 29th 03, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lewis

Default Registering interest with Virgin.net

I was asked by someone in my area to pre-register them with
Virgin.net. The form at www.virgin.net gives every indication of
being for pre-registration but when I asked them, I got:

"Virgin do not send this information off to BT- it is used to give us
an idea of how many of our customer's are interested in the Broadband
service.

If you go to www.broadband.co.uk you'll be able to register your
interest in broadband which is sent off to BT

Regards

David

Virgin.net Tech Support"

Note the URL given is wrong and if they meant www.btbroadband.co.uk
this is a competitor ISP.

Virgin are not listed on the bt.com site as participating in
registration, in fact they are not listed at all:

http://62.172.198.79/broadband1/gett.../suppliers.asp

But even if a company is listed how sure can we be that they are
actually passing on registrations?

Are the main ISPs AOL, Freeserve, Tiscali, Pipex definitely doing so?

--

Mark W. Lewis, Broadband for Long Ashton & Failand

www.failand.org.uk