Does uploading effect your download speed?

Old July 29th 03, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Default Does uploading effect your download speed?

[email protected] wrote:

Not got ADSL yet but on my 56k modem uploading slows down my download speeds
or vice versa. Is this the same with ADSL?

Sholdn't do if the IP stack is well wroitten, but if the window size is
small, the acks mey be delayed coming back, so causing transmission pauses.

TIA

Darryl

Old July 30th 03, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Harvey

Yeah, you guys should make your window size bigger so that less packets are
sent. this will work as long as you are connected to a reliable source

Simon