will 2 seperate BT lines tothe same place have the same ADSL compatiblity

Old July 29th 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ash

Default will 2 seperate BT lines tothe same place have the same ADSL compatiblity

I have 2 BT lines at present (one for internet n one for telephone). I was
out when the BT man came to check if i could have ADSL, so I think he only
checked one of the lines (which failed). Is it worth getting the other line
checked or will it just have the same problem of distance (being to the same
house). I don't now how BT lines work e.g will my two lines be on the same
line, and then split when it gets to the house, OR could my second line take
a different route from the exchange or be of better quality (in which case
maybe this line would wrk with ADSL).
I had the second line added about 5 years ago when i moved in.

Any help apreciated
Cheers,
Chris

Old July 29th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

I have 2 BT lines at present (one for internet n one for telephone).
I was out when the BT man came to check if i could have ADSL, so I
think he only checked one of the lines (which failed). Is it worth
getting the other line checked or will it just have the same problem
of distance (being to the same house). I don't now how BT lines

work
e.g will my two lines be on the same line, and then split when it
gets to the house, OR could my second line take a different route
from the exchange or be of better quality (in which case maybe this
line would wrk with ADSL).
I had the second line added about 5 years ago when i moved in.

Any help apreciated
Cheers,
Chris

It is possible that the other could pass the line test (depending on
local network of course).

When did you have your line tested as there has been some changes
since it was first introduced ao maybe the first would be good enough
anyway...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....