How To? Dial-up to Broadband conversion.

Old July 30th 03, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default How To? Dial-up to Broadband conversion.

Has anyone any web references to Noddy's Guides explaining what
re-congig/ re-setting needs to be done when substituting an ADSL
modem for a dial-up modem (and paying a new ISP, of course!)

I am confused about how to set up the new connection route and what
to tell IE and OE about it. I will be using Win 98SE.

Also, can I set things up so that reversion to dial-up is simple
should broadband go belly-up?

Thanks.

---

It will all depend on whether you go to another ISP or not.

If you stay with the same ISP the only difference will be which
D(ial)U(p)N(etworking) connectoid you use, if you go to another ISP
you will most probably have to change DUN plus the servers for your
email, news (tools, accounts) & possibly DNS

--
B-)
Life is pain.....