DG814 Problem

Old July 30th 03, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Riddell

Default DG814 Problem

I have recently purchased a DG814 and have been getting the ADSL line
dropping out on a regular basis in the last week or so. Previously the modem
would not respond to ADSL conneciton and I had to reboot it. This was about
once a week which was bad enough but just in the last few days the
ADSL/Internet light has been off when I am working on the PC and I have
tried to do various things to sort this from info given to me by my ISP (not
netgear cos their tech dept is crap - even worse when no one there can speak
proper english).

So anyways what is happening now is the internet light is switching off and
i have to shut the DG814 down for about 30 seconds to 1 hour. When I get
back online it can only sometimes be for a matter of minutes or up to about
5-6 hours. I have upgrade the firmware to v4.8 to see if this cures it but
no joy.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or is it a fault in the unit.

I did read somewhere that if you piggyback a second microfilter this might
cure it but I didnt want to spend more money doing this if it doesnt resolve
the issue

Old July 30th 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"Stuart Riddell" wrote in message
[...]

Try the beta version 4.9 RC1. It has aparrently fixed this for quite a rew
people.

Theres a link to it on the ADSL guide DSL hardware discussion forum.

Ive been using it for 2 weeks now without incident (not counting BT on
Sunday morning!)

Cheers

Phil