Lengthy modem training?

Old July 30th 03, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Davies

Default Lengthy modem training?

My modem is taking a long time - about 90 seconds - to "train".

At another location the modem "trains" almost instantly - within a second or
so.

Is this a problem or is it just dependent upon signal quality?

Gareth.

Old July 30th 03, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

My modem is taking a long time - about 90 seconds - to "train".

At another location the modem "trains" almost instantly - within a
second or so.

Is this a problem or is it just dependent upon signal quality?

Gareth.

From purely observation, over the past few years I have noticed that
different exchanges appear to react differently when a modem synchs
up. As long as your service synch's & you don't have any problems
with it when it is in use I wouldn't worry to much about it.....

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old July 31st 03, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

"Gareth Davies" wrote in message
My modem is taking a long time - about 90 seconds - to "train".

At another location the modem "trains" almost instantly - within a second

or
so.

Is this a problem or is it just dependent upon signal quality?

Mine is the same - but once trained I always get full speed & see no
errors.

It is on auto & sometimes gets/reports T1.413 Issue 2 but usually G.DMT,
maybe it's making it's mind up :-)

Andy.