Help : Connecting to Broadband PC from a Bluetooth laptp

Old July 31st 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlnM

Default Help : Connecting to Broadband PC from a Bluetooth laptp

Desktop PC has :
Speedtouch 330 ADSL broadband access - always on
Belkin F8T001 bluetooth adapter
Belkin bluetooth software
Windows XP home

Laptop has:
3Com 3CRWB6096B bluetooth card
3Com bluetooth connection manager
Windows XP home

I can get a LAN connection running between the two machines, but is
there any way I can get the laptop to use the PC's broadband
connection?

AlnM
Old July 31st 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Iain Miller

"AlnM" wrote in message
om...
Desktop PC has :
Speedtouch 330 ADSL broadband access - always on
Belkin F8T001 bluetooth adapter
Belkin bluetooth software
Windows XP home

Laptop has:
3Com 3CRWB6096B bluetooth card
3Com bluetooth connection manager
Windows XP home

I can get a LAN connection running between the two machines, but is
there any way I can get the laptop to use the PC's broadband
connection?

Have you tried "Bridging" the network connections on the desktop? Go to the
network Connections & then select the DSL & Bluetooth adapters, Right click
and select "Bridging"

rgds

I.

Old August 1st 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlnM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The main problem is with the
Laptop Bluetooth; the software seems to create only Dial-up
connections through Bluetooth COM ports (and I can't bridge DUNs), so
I can't put in a subnet addr of 255.... ; it doesn't accept a number
as high as 255. Bizarre, but true.

I've set the ADSL connection to share with the host PCs Bluetooth LAN
connection, it's the laptop that can't connect with it. If anyone has
knowledge of the 3Com bluetooth software & knows how to manage it I'd
be grateful...

AlnM

Old August 1st 03, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"AlnM" wrote in message
om...
Desktop PC has :
Speedtouch 330 ADSL broadband access - always on
Belkin F8T001 bluetooth adapter
Belkin bluetooth software
Windows XP home

Laptop has:
3Com 3CRWB6096B bluetooth card
3Com bluetooth connection manager
Windows XP home

I can get a LAN connection running between the two machines, but is
there any way I can get the laptop to use the PC's broadband
connection?

Have you tried "Bridging" the network connections on the desktop? Go
to the
network Connections & then select the DSL & Bluetooth adapters, Right
click
and select "Bridging"

rgds

I.

does the laptop bluetooth adaptor appear as a network device in Control
PanelNetwork ??

Steve

Old August 1st 03, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlnM

No, it doesn't feature itself, only as a 'dial-up' connection I
created for file sharing between it & the desktop PC via bluetooth.