Sorry, forgot to tell you the drug

Old July 31st 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Harvey

Default Sorry, forgot to tell you the drug

Sorry guys,

I actually meant to tell you the name of that drug because its bloody good
whilst it last. Hopefully most of you wont be on it nearly as long as I am
:-)

In patients with moderate postoperative pain, i.v. or i.m. tramadol is
roughly equal in efficacy to meperidine or morphine; for severe acute pain,
tramadol is less effective than morphine. Oral tramadol can also be
effective after certain types of surgery. Tramadol and meperidine are
equally effective in postoperative patient-controlled analgesia. In epidural
administration for pain after abdominal surgery, tramadol is more effective
than bupivacaine but less effective than morphine.
-
http://opioids.com/tramadol/tramang.html

Thats an excellent site for all opiate related material. Thats where I get a
lot of info on pain systems etc. Just thought it might help someone out one
day!

Oh, and I thought maybe CB would accuse me of lying again

Take care
Simon

Old July 31st 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Simon Harvey wrote:

[...]

Bugger, and they only gave me morphine! Bloody NHS. When I came round it
felt like I had been buggered from both ends and kicked in the stomach
to boot. (or by a boot). Then three days later I thought I was turning
japanese - or at least my privates went all black...

Uvula the size of a used condom - nearly choked me.
The BEST bit was OXYGEN. They had to tear the mask off me.

Take care
Simon

Old July 31st 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

CB wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:04:32 +0100 and in article QIdWa.53486
, Simon Harvey said...
: Oh, and I thought maybe CB would accuse me of lying again

No, but if you don't start posting on topic very soon i'll get your
account pulled.

Killjoy.

HTH