weird problem

Old August 1st 03, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave Stanton

Default weird problem

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:19:25 +0100, martin wrote:

I fitted a pci 10/100 lan card to my pc recently and ever since whilst
surfing the net on broadband, every few minutes the broadband will
"freeze" (the computer will still work fine) for about 30 seconds and then
work perfectly for a few more minutes until it freezes again. I tried a
different lan card, but this has made no difference. i have an Athlon XP
1800, 512Mb DDR Ram, using win 98 SE and have a pci broadband "modem" If i
go into device manager and disable the lan card the problem goes away! Any
ideas please?

Are the modem and nic using the same IRQ ?

Dave