Web sites pointing to Amazon - AAAARGGGH!

Old August 1st 03, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David W.E. Roberts

Default Web sites pointing to Amazon - AAAARGGGH!

Hi,

in the process of trying to find a cheap cable router, and when I search for
details via Google (UK) I find pages of sites with different names all
offering the cheapest deals on the web for cable routers.

Strangely, when you click through for details they all point to Amazon.

Does this indicate that Amazon is the cheapest (a couple of squid cheaper
than Dabs on the router I am chasing - but haven't checked P&P yet) or just
that Amazon is populating the net with masses of spoof search sites all
pointing back to Mummy?

My investigations are being seriously hampered by information overload.

Or underload.

Hmph.
Dave R

Old August 1st 03, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:23:18 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Does this indicate that Amazon is the cheapest (a couple of squid cheaper
than Dabs on the router I am chasing - but haven't checked P&P yet) or just
that Amazon is populating the net with masses of spoof search sites all
pointing back to Mummy?

The first links on Google always point to Amazon where possible as
Amazon pay money to Google for the service.

Andrew.
Old August 1st 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David W.E. Roberts

wrote:

Does this indicate that Amazon is the cheapest (a couple of squid cheaper
than Dabs on the router I am chasing - but haven't checked P&P yet) or

just
that Amazon is populating the net with masses of spoof search sites all
pointing back to Mummy?

The first links on Google always point to Amazon where possible as
Amazon pay money to Google for the service.

Andrew.

The first links, O.K.

However, the first thee pages or more of links, almost all to other sites
which link indirectly to Amazon?

I hope they pay Google a lot!

Old August 1st 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
However, the first thee pages or more of links, almost all to other

sites
which link indirectly to Amazon?

They could be Amazon affiliates?

Regards
Sunil

Old August 1st 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"Nigel Mercier " wrote in message
In uk.telecom.broadband, David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Strangely, when you click through for details they all point to Amazon.

I wondered if there is a cock-up in the DNS system, I tried to reach
www.giga-byte.com recently and it points to ebay!

--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

Nigel

I got straight to GigaByte.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old August 1st 03, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article , Nigel Mercier
said......

In uk.telecom.broadband, Eric Parker wrote:

I wondered if there is a cock-up in the DNS system, I tried to reach
www.giga-byte.com recently and it points to ebay!

Nigel

I got straight to GigaByte.

So do I today, hence my thought about a DNS cock-up.

It's OK through Pipex using their DNS servers
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com