ADSL at greater than 512kbps?

Old August 1st 03, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Knight

Default ADSL at greater than 512kbps?

"Slugsie" wrote in message
I currently have ADSL provided by Pipex at 512kbps. I've had the

service for
little over a year now, and whilst I have no complaints, I'm now

hankering
after a faster service.

I've looked at two ISPs, Internet Central, and Fast24. IC seem to

provide a
basic 2mbit service (very basic) for around 40+vat, and Fast24

provide a
more feature rich 2mbit service for around 38inc.

http://www.hi-velocity.it is well recommended on aslguide.org.uk
currently at 34 pounds plus VAT. Available at 700 exchanges only - you
may be lucky.

My exchange reached IC's trigger in June and I should have had 2MB from
them six weeks ago. I am still waiting. BT have done their bit but IC
couldn't get their act together, hence my interest in hi-velocity, once
IC's useless 2MB connection is removed that is.
--
Malcolm