Dm/IP 3031-A- PCI release 5.1.1 WIN2K

Old August 1st 03, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
emanuele

Default Dm/IP 3031-A- PCI release 5.1.1 WIN2K

Hi,

I am working in France Telecom R&D, Paris, on one of your Dialogic
card, DM/IP 3031 A, aiming at developing a voice application on a
Terminal Equipment.

This card has been bought in 1999. Unfortunately we don't have access
to the original technical documentation anymore (nor to the original
CD).
In order to install the card we downloaded from your website the
package Intel Dialogic System Software" release 5.1.1. We have
successfully installed it without the Service Pack 1, since after the
installation of the Service Pack 1 the card was no longer recognized
by the system (Start/Dialogic/DCM).

The installation was performed on a Windows2000/SP3 system.
The POST (Power On Self Test) was performed correctly;
DCM (Dialogic Configuration Manager) properly recognizes the card (we
used "ipt_isdn_net5.fcd" as Assign Firmware File (FCD)) - we see a
green light on the top of the E1 we use; DCM properly activates the
card;

I would like to stress that our goal is not to develop a Voice over IP
application, but a voice application using the PSTN interfaces (E1,
ISDN 30 B + D), managing both voice (to send WAV files for example)
and signalling (to start a new call, call-forwarding, signalling
facility, etc.).

May you tell me
- if we are using a card which is actually able to do this?
- which FCD has to be used for our goal (France-ISDN application)?
- if you have any sample application we can use to manage an
ISDN-call?
- which is the difference between SR 5.1.1 and DNA 3.3?
- what exactly mean the 30 channels of the card? (IP, voice,
signalling, ...)
- if any specific documentation for this card and this kind of
applications (ISDN) exist on your website?

I hope you will be able to answer these questions in as a short time
as possible, and I thank you very much for the help you will be able
to provide.

Best regards,

----------------
Emanuele Trovato
France Télécom R&D/SVA/PIC
38-40 rue du général Leclerc
92794 Issy Moulineaux cedex 9
Tel : +33 (0)1 45 29 48 20
http://www.francetelecom.com/rd
Old August 3rd 03, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Mugwump" @ . wrote in message
In article , emanuele
said......

[...]

Says a lot for France Telecom that their R&D department can't
differentiate between mail & news!
--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com

Old August 3rd 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
emanuele

lol Mugwump,

this was just a mail I had written to Dialogic, but they've answered
that Dialogic has been bought by Intel and now it's very difficult to
have support from them.

so I just copied the content of the mail without writing anything
else!!!

Sorry for that!! I hope you will help me if you have any idea of how
to solve my problem!!

Thanks Emanulele