Blue Yonder questions

Old August 1st 03, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harmunt

Default Blue Yonder questions

Would I have to have an ugly white box bolted to the front of the house?
Can I just opt for the broadband service as a stand-alone (i.e. no TV
channels)?
Does this affect my BT telephone number at all?

cheers,

Neil.

Old August 1st 03, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Would I have to have an ugly white box bolted to the front of the
house? Can I just opt for the broadband service as a stand-alone
(i.e. no TV channels)?
Does this affect my BT telephone number at all?

cheers,

Neil.

It shouldn't affect your BT number at all, but if they are anything
like some of the local NTL contractors expect anything.

As for a box outside you premise, I'm afraid so plus a little trench
leading to it as well...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 1st 03, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

"Harmunt" j wrote in message
Would I have to have an ugly white box bolted to the front of the
house? Can I just opt for the broadband service as a stand-alone
(i.e. no TV channels)?
Does this affect my BT telephone number at all?

Blueyonder are a bunch of *******. Avoid.

But if they're the only game in town he may not have any option, like
me & NTL. I failed the DSL line test so where do I go if I wanted a
broadband type connection. Yes I know NTL have bloody big problems
but when it's the only way you have to put up with them don't you....

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 1st 03, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlexC

"Harmunt" j wrote in message
Would I have to have an ugly white box bolted to the front of the house?
Can I just opt for the broadband service as a stand-alone (i.e. no TV
channels)?
Does this affect my BT telephone number at all?

cheers,

You can have the Broadband w/o phone, but they will charge you £29.99
instead of £25 for the 512k service. You can not have TV w/o the phone
anymore.

Old August 2nd 03, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:34:46 GMT, "AlexC" wrote:

You can have the Broadband w/o phone, but they will charge you £29.99
instead of £25 for the 512k service.

They ncreased this recently, for those of us not paying by direct debit, to
£31.99.

You can not have TV w/o the phone anymore.

Another retrograde step IMHO.
Ssince my BT call usage is only about £2 (TWO) pounds per quarter (think
mobiles) there is no way I want to pay for a Telewest phone line - but *was*
interested in TV.

Geo
Old August 2nd 03, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

"Kraftee" wrote in message
news:5BzWa.2790 but when it's the only way you have to put up with them
don't you....

I suppose. Although, thankfully, that's changing fast.

Blueyonder is okay if you don't mind puting up with the petty censorship and
the "make it up as they go along" Acceptable Use Policy.

I have no experience of NTL, so can't comment there.

Old August 3rd 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:41:29 +0100, "Steve Hurley"
wrote:

"Kraftee" wrote in message
news:5BzWa.2790 but when it's the only way you have to put up with them
don't you....

I suppose. Although, thankfully, that's changing fast.

Blueyonder is okay if you don't mind puting up with the petty censorship and
the "make it up as they go along" Acceptable Use Policy.

Hi shurley.

Alex

---

Alex Brown
Internet Infrastructure Consultant
Internet & Interactive Services, Telewest Broadband
Old August 3rd 03, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harmunt

"Steve Hurley" wrote in message

"Kraftee" wrote in message
news:5BzWa.2790 but when it's the only way you have to put up with them
don't you....

I suppose. Although, thankfully, that's changing fast.

Blueyonder is okay if you don't mind puting up with the petty censorship

and
the "make it up as they go along" Acceptable Use Policy.

I have no experience of NTL, so can't comment there.

'petty censorship'?

Neil.

Old August 3rd 03, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JP

"Harmunt" j wrote in message
Would I have to have an ugly white box bolted to the front of the house?
Can I just opt for the broadband service as a stand-alone (i.e. no TV
channels)?
Does this affect my BT telephone number at all?

Blueyonder are a bunch of *******. Avoid.

I've found the serivce to be pretty good, the only issues I've had were when
someone else had work done and the engineer played about with the wrong
cable (happened twice now).

Apart from that it's very good and I've had no probs with the AUP or with me
running the services I do to enable be to access the system from work if
need be.

If you've had problems why not say what they are rather then use a sweeping
generalisation.

JP

--
There are 10 types of people in this world...

Old August 3rd 03, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hurley

"JP" wrote in message
If you've had problems why not say what they are rather then use a

sweeping
generalisation.

As Blueyonder disconnected me without warning and have still not given an
explaination, "generalisation" it'll have to be.