ADSL Activation : One time only regardless... ?

Old August 1st 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

Default ADSL Activation : One time only regardless... ?

.... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a month so want
to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted as with
dial up etc ??

Old August 1st 03, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:28:15 +0100, "amstereofan"
wrote:

... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a month so want
to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

No.

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted as with
dial up etc ??

No. You are in a contract with an ISP, usually 3 months or a year
contract, after which you can migrate over to another ISP along with
another contract.

Andrew.
Old August 1st 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a

month
so want to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

No.

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted

as
with dial up etc ??

No. You are in a contract with an ISP, usually 3 months or a year
contract, after which you can migrate over to another ISP along with
another contract.

Andrew.

You can't always migrate so you'd have to cease the service wait a
couple of weeks, order the new service (paying whatever start up
charges are applicable) & then wait for that to be actioned &
eventually activated....

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 2nd 03, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"amstereofan" wrote in message
... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a month so

want
to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

Well MOST isps charge a setup fee which is greater than one months
sunscription, or have a minimum contract of 6 or 12 months.

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted as with
dial up etc ??

If you cancel you can the re-order from a new isp. However not sure if some
exchnages are filling up though. I know a while ago mine was showing
"limited capacity"

Old August 2nd 03, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"David Wade" wrote in message
"amstereofan" wrote in message
... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a month so

want
to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

Well MOST isps charge a setup fee which is greater than one months
sunscription, or have a minimum contract of 6 or 12 months.

They probably do yes but I was thinking about the cheapos like Fast4 with
their 1 month contract

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted as

with
dial up etc ??

If you cancel you can the re-order from a new isp. However not sure if

some
exchnages are filling up though. I know a while ago mine was showing
"limited capacity"

But the line will always be acitvated for ADSL regardless ?

Old August 2nd 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

No it won't - they'll disconnect the DSLAM circuit at the exchange end and
re-use it most likely.

Old August 3rd 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"amstereofan" wrote in message

"David Wade" wrote in message
"amstereofan" wrote in

message
... if you use actually USE ADSL or not ? ie you go away for a month

so
want
to unsubscribe for a while to the ISP etc ?

Well MOST isps charge a setup fee which is greater than one months
sunscription, or have a minimum contract of 6 or 12 months.

They probably do yes but I was thinking about the cheapos like Fast4 with
their 1 month contract

If so then I presume you can change from ISP to ISP if you wanted as

with
dial up etc ??

If you cancel you can the re-order from a new isp. However not sure if

some
exchnages are filling up though. I know a while ago mine was showing
"limited capacity"

But the line will always be acitvated for ADSL regardless ?

NO, why should it. If the exchange is at capacity and some one else is
prepared to pay, they will get your ADSL port.
Even if you do get it back you will have to pay the £55 activation fee
again, so you need to be away three months for it to be worth while.