ADSL at greater than 512kbps?

Old August 1st 03, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Slugsie

Default ADSL at greater than 512kbps?

I don't 'need' a faster service, I just 'want' one.

To be honest, the most important factor for me is the permanent connection.
The speed isn't a big issue, except for the (all too frequent) occasions
when I have multiple downloads going. Speed is one of those things that in
computer terms you can never have too much of (like hard drive space), so
seeing as how faster services are now available, I thought I would upgrade.

If you think that a faster service might suit you, then when you are finally
in a position to get ADSL, make sure your chosen ISP has a short contract,
or can supply a faster speed, and will let you upgrade with little hassle.

--
/Slugsie
"Dave Mason" wrote in message

As someone who is still waiting for their exchange to be enabled can I
ask why you need a faster service?

It may well be worth me starting above 512k ?