Broadband via powerlines?

Old August 3rd 03, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Exit

Default Broadband via powerlines?

Just seen an article on the local TV news (midlands) that the electricity
utility companies are fianlly getting into gear and will start offering
broadband via the power lines by plugging a box in.

Mate of mine lives out in the sticks and it would be ideal for him - anyone
know any more?

Cheers.

--
Julian
---------

Old August 3rd 03, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 00:45, "Mcploppy " wrote:

Have a wee look he http://tinyurl.com/iuzh

How about http://makeashorterlink.com/?J10626975 it goes to the same
Google search, but the user sees the URL you're offering, and doesn't
need to treat it with a degree of suspicion...

I normally use lynx on a remote server for tinyurl.com links...
can stop any cookies, doesn't run JS/Java/VBS, and doesn't let much
else happen without permission...
Old August 3rd 03, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
trappeduser

"Exit" wrote in message
Just seen an article on the local TV news (midlands) that the electricity
utility companies are fianlly getting into gear and will start offering
broadband via the power lines by plugging a box in.

Mate of mine lives out in the sticks and it would be ideal for him -

anyone
know any more?

Cheers.

I saw an article a few weeks ago, sounds great for all those
who live in the sticks. Even better if you don't have a phone!

http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband/

Matt

Old August 3rd 03, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Exit

trappeduser wrote:
"Exit" wrote in message
Just seen an article on the local TV news (midlands) that the
electricity utility companies are fianlly getting into gear and will
start offering broadband via the power lines by plugging a box in.

Mate of mine lives out in the sticks and it would be ideal for him -
anyone know any more?

Cheers.

I saw an article a few weeks ago, sounds great for all those
who live in the sticks. Even better if you don't have a phone!

http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband/

Matt

Thx to everyone who responded - I'll give them a try.

--
Julian
---------

Old August 3rd 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Mcploppy wrote in message

Ian McMillan bashed at the keyboard and said:

http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband

I've just had a look there, and put in postcodes for all the places I
have lived from Fife to Inverness... Can't have it anywhere ........

Good idea... but not rolled out much yet

Creiff, Campbletown (sp?) and soon to be Stonehaven I believe!

--
Ian McMillan - HTML is for web pages, not e-mail or usenet!

Old August 3rd 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Campbeltown - on the Mull of Kintyre, 100 miles from the nearest set of
traffic lights, apart from a contraflow on a bridge in Inverary.

Also was a trial site for BT ADSL Small Exchange configuration....