NAT vs non-NAT for web server?

Old August 4th 03, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected] writeme.com

Default NAT vs non-NAT for web server?

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:00:00 GMT, Chris Newport
wrote:

I'm a bit confused about NAT. Are using NAT and running a web server
mutually exclusive? ie will I need to configure the router as non-NAT,
have the web server as the only directly connected machine and then run
a proxy (or NAT) on the web server to serve my other machine(s) via a
second ethernet port? Or does the router sort all the translation out?

NAT is not an issue, but DHCP can be. Make sure your server has a
fixed local IP.

Andrew.