AOL 8 Sharing

Old August 4th 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean

Default AOL 8 Sharing

Whats the easiest way to share AOL 8 Connection over the network?

Cheers

Dean

Old August 4th 03, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hamman

"Dean" wrote in message
Whats the easiest way to share AOL 8 Connection over the network?

Cheers

Dean

The way AOL is setu-p doesnt allow it to be shared through ICS

Old August 4th 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean

For a friend, i wouldnt go near it personally!

Anyone else know?

Cheers
Dean

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
I thought I'd get in quick and say dump AOL and use a real ISP !

On 4/8/03 7:14 pm, in article

,

Old August 4th 03, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article , Dean
said......

For a friend, i wouldnt go near it personally!

Anyone else know?

It's not easy!

Try this link
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,7299112
~root=sharing~mode=flat

(URL wraps)

--
Mugwump

To reply, replace INVALID with pipex{dot}com
Old August 4th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

Dean wrote:

Whats the easiest way to share AOL 8 Connection over the network?

Cheers

Dean

I have 2 machines running on a BB connection sharing the network and
both running AOL8 software

I use a proxy server program on the machine with the ADSL connection.

The program can be downloaded from.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...work/proxy.htm

--
Robert Maskill - G4PYR - Peterborough Cambridgeshire
Personal web site www.coastalradio.greater-peterborough.com

Old August 5th 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

Dean wrote:

Whats the easiest way to share AOL 8 Connection over the network?

I have 5 machines sharing my AOL BB connection..

Not too sure about analog x.. it's considered a bit of a security risk, but
I use some software called PPPShar, from India. Just do a search in Google
and you'll find it.

--
Nathan

Old August 5th 03, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

Dean wrote:
Do you need the AOL software on both machines?
Dean

"Dean" wrote in message

I run with AOL8 on the machine with the ADSL connection but minimise
that and run mozilla.

On the other machines I can run AOL software or IE6/Netscape as the mood
takes me no problem at all.

Only the machine connected to the BB modem needs AOL software to
connect, the other machine or machines can run which ever browser you
prefer.

Old August 5th 03, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
I thought I'd get in quick and say dump AOL and use a real ISP !

zzzzZzzzzzZzzz