modem not detected at startup

Old August 4th 03, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hamman

Default modem not detected at startup

"Phil W" wrote in message
I have a BT Voyager USB ADSL modem, which has served me surprisingly well
considering some of the things I've heard about it.

However... Just recently it's not being detected at startup (am running
W2K). If I unplug the modem and plug it back in then it detects it ok and
everything works ok.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

TIA,
Phil

You wouldnt happen to be using a a VIA chipet would you?

If you are (or even if you arent) its probably a power issue, ie its drawing
too much at startup when everything else is.

If theres an option to plug a power cable into the modem, do it, if not plug
the USB modem into a POWERED USB hub