HH to ADSL conversion.

Old August 5th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Default HH to ADSL conversion.

In a few days I expect my exchange (glenrothes central 242/250) to hit
its trigger limit.
I have been unable to find in the BT price list any reference to the
conversion from HomeHighway to ADSL, other than that ADSL must be installed
on a standard PSTN line.
Is the offer to convert from HH to PSTN, then to ADSL, with it going back
to HH if it fails still available?

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
What a wonderfull world it is that has girls in it! -- Robert A Heinlein.
Old August 5th 03, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham in Melton

Yes it is, but you're looking in the wrong place. The offer is from the
ISP's and not from BT so to speak.

Try Nildram, their price list has it as 50 (as does everyone else).

What the BT engineers actually do (in my experience) is call you on the due
day to confirm the line is going off, then cut the line and the take the HH
box out of service remotely. They then visit you, remove the HH box and do
the full line test. If it passes, they plug in their own laptop and router
and show you it working.

They then clear off.... Assuming its a wires only installation. I have no
idea what they do if it fails - reverse the process I guess.

Old August 5th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:09:52 +0000 (UTC), Ian Stirling
wrote:

In a few days I expect my exchange (glenrothes central 242/250) to hit
its trigger limit.
I have been unable to find in the BT price list any reference to the
conversion from HomeHighway to ADSL, other than that ADSL must be installed
on a standard PSTN line.
Is the offer to convert from HH to PSTN, then to ADSL, with it going back
to HH if it fails still available?

The conversion is currently free if you just need the wires only
option through BTO.

Old August 5th 03, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Davies

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
In a few days I expect my exchange (glenrothes central 242/250) to hit
its trigger limit.
I have been unable to find in the BT price list any reference to the
conversion from HomeHighway to ADSL, other than that ADSL must be

installed
on a standard PSTN line.
Is the offer to convert from HH to PSTN, then to ADSL, with it going back
to HH if it fails still available?

Believe it or not it's now free - but only through BT it seems!

Gareth.