Moving to Leytonstone...

Old August 5th 03, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mindgames

Default Moving to Leytonstone...

Hi everyone

Just after a bit of advice from those in the know. In a couple of weeks I am
moving house from Hackney to Leytonstone, which means I have to give up my
Blueyonder broadband service. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to
do next? I'm just after fast internet access, not that bothered about
personal webspace, but would like quite a good news server. Am thinking
about Nildram but don't really want to have to go back to a BT phone line;
have heard so many horror stories about NTL that I don't want to go down
that route.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance
Mindgames

Old August 5th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EastCoastChipping

"mindgames" wrote in message

have heard so many horror stories about NTL that I don't want to go down
that route.

I`ve heard so many stories about scousers but does that mean they are all
true??

I`ve had NTL for 3 month`s now, everything is fine for me, I don`t use their
Newsgroup access so couldn`t comment on it but all in all very happy..

Old August 5th 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Troy

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:55:50 +0100, mindgames wrote:

have heard so many horror stories about NTL that I don't want to go down
that route.

Heard the same horror stories but had no choice ...

Been with NTL broadband since last September and I can't fault them ! Not a
single problem - billing etc. spot on !

Must add that I *don't* use NTL for email or usenet - I believe they are
less than perfect.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.

Remove spam to email me
Old August 5th 03, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"mindgames" wrote in message
Just after a bit of advice from those in the know. In a couple of

weeks I am
moving house from Hackney to Leytonstone, which means I have to give

up my
Blueyonder broadband service. Has anyone got any suggestions as to

what to
do next? I'm just after fast internet access, not that bothered about
personal webspace, but would like quite a good news server. Am

thinking
about Nildram but don't really want to have to go back to a BT phone

line;
have heard so many horror stories about NTL that I don't want to go

down
that route.

Hmm - either you go down the NTL route (for a cable modem) or you will
need a BT phone line to get ADSL - whether its with Nildram or a
different ISP..

Regards
Sunil

Old August 6th 03, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BLH

"mindgames" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone

Just after a bit of advice from those in the know. In a couple of weeks I am
moving house from Hackney to Leytonstone, which means I have to give up my
Blueyonder broadband service. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to
do next? I'm just after fast internet access, not that bothered about
personal webspace, but would like quite a good news server. Am thinking
about Nildram but don't really want to have to go back to a BT phone line;
have heard so many horror stories about NTL that I don't want to go down
that route.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance
Mindgames

Sounds like you've only got the two choices - NTL or BT line/ADSL. I
had NTL cable modem at my last house with no problems and good service
until I moved to a new area and cancelled then had some problems with
final bill.

You will get some good info on ADSL and ISPs from here

www.adslguide.org

BH