Difficulty registering interest with btopenworld

Old August 6th 03, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Lewis

Default Difficulty registering interest with btopenworld

The btopenworld pre-registration form seems to hang trying to display
the barometer:

http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/reg10/

Others getting this? It has been that way since the weekend.

Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently
on hold. All in all quite difficult to register interest.

--

Mark W. Lewis, Broadband for Long Ashton & Failand

www.failand.org.uk

Old August 6th 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:52:51 UTC, "Mark Lewis"
wrote:

The btopenworld pre-registration form seems to hang trying to display
the barometer:

http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/reg10/

Others getting this? It has been that way since the weekend.

Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently
on hold. All in all quite difficult to register interest.

Well, it's probably quite a good indication of life with BT Openworld.
You still have the option to go somewhere else...!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old August 6th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Hemmings

wrote:

The btopenworld pre-registration form seems to hang trying to display
the barometer:

http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/reg10/

Others getting this? It has been that way since the weekend.

Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently
on hold. All in all quite difficult to register interest.

Well, it's probably quite a good indication of life with BT Openworld.
You still have the option to go somewhere else...!

Indeed, judging by what friends and colleagues who have it say.
I took the Demon self-install option (using an e-buyer 20
modem/router) and have not had any problems at all. I used
to be a Demon dial-up customer and the service sucked
(especially email), but I have to say they seem to have got their
act together with ADSL. I regularly test and always get 576kbps
down and 256kbps up (actually that might even be 288k up).
HTH
--
Rob

Old August 7th 03, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
in2minds

"Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently on hold. All in
all quite difficult to register interest."
[..]

is that bells I hear ringing ?

if you can't even sign up imagine trying to get support... sign up with someone else

LJ

Old August 7th 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frank Spencer

In message , Bob Eager
writes
wrote:

The btopenworld pre-registration form seems to hang trying to display
the barometer:

http://www.btopenworld.com/broadband/reg10/

Others getting this? It has been that way since the weekend.

Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently
on hold. All in all quite difficult to register interest.

Well, it's probably quite a good indication of life with BT Openworld.
You still have the option to go somewhere else...!

Yet another totally blinkered and prejudiced statement Bob!

Why don't you just put a header on your posts along the lines of "The
only thing I hate in the whole world is British Telecom and I will take
every opportunity to make my prejudice public and rubbish anything
anyone else has if it's from BT because I don't have it and I feel
inadequate"

Also add that you do not know what you are talking about and that you
have no facts to back up your prejudice.

--
Frank
Old August 7th 03, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:01:10 UTC, Frank Spencer wrote:

Dialling 150 and following the Broadband options gets you permanently
on hold. All in all quite difficult to register interest.

Well, it's probably quite a good indication of life with BT Openworld.
You still have the option to go somewhere else...!

Yet another totally blinkered and prejudiced statement Bob!

Not at all. ANY compant who did that would get the same comment.

But I expected some plonker to comment...

Also add that you do not know what you are talking about and that you
have no facts to back up your prejudice.

The only facts I needed for the above comment were the ones given. If
ANY company makes it difficult to deal with them, I don't bother.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Old August 8th 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Well, it's probably quite a good indication of life with BT Openworld.
You still have the option to go somewhere else...!

Also add that you do not know what you are talking about and that you
have no facts to back up your prejudice.

I can give you examples of BT`s intransigence about **** service if
required - although most of mine relate to a dial-up account and their
flat refusal to provide any "evidence" that I was a heavy user (my usage
had dropped considerably in the last few months I was with them - partly
because my "anytime" account couldn`t connect for over 20 minutes at a
time).

I cancelled the account and went with another ISP (RIP Alphaphe, you
rocked) and within a few days of CANCELLING the account, I received an
email telling me I was *still* in breach of their conditions (which I
reject even for the time before I closed the account) and that they would
close my account.

They refused to tell me how they came to this decision (wouldn`t give me
any figures or dates to back up their false allegation), told me I was no
longer welcome as a customer either then *or in the future*, and that if
I ever did try to sign up again, I would not be given a normal account -
I would be forced onto a crippled and restricted service.

Within a few weeks of this, I reported a scam that was hosted within BTs
network, and was given the private mobile phone number for one of their
senior managers (one of very few names that gets published) in case I
came across anything similar. They admitted the action against me was OTT
but said they wouldn`t do anything about it.

In hindsight, I feel I should have gone for full disclosure under the
terms of the Data Protection Act to prove they were liars.

If anyone from BT reads this, sue me.

I will be happy to see you in court and have you produce your records to
prove my innocence.

I could recount my battle to recover costs I incurred trying to get the
scam stopped (which was to BTs benefit too), but you might get the idea
when I tell you the emails were over 26k of plain text long towards the
end, and it took months of several emails daily.

It was only resolved when I emailed some directors personally !

Avoid BT.

I will repeat:

A V O I D B T

Hang on, i`m not sure I made myself clear enough...

___ _____ ___ ____
/ \ \ / / _ \_ _| _ \
/ _ \ \ / / | | | || | | |
/ ___ \ V /| |_| | || |_| |