Ipaq with Bluetooth - via ADSL?

Old August 6th 03, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Default Ipaq with Bluetooth - via ADSL?

guv wrote:
I'm currently toying with the idea of buying an Ipaq 3970, which is
bluetooth enabled. Primarily for a "boys and toys" item, but also for
GPS (same catergory I would assume;-)

Anyway, since I have ADSL, and one machine in the network, that has
inbuilt bluetooth, I was wondering if this could in fact be used as a
wireless conection to the internet through that "paid for" connection?

My gut feeling is that it cant - and goggle hasnt shown me one way or
the other, so hence asking here!

Anyone know if it can be done (and if alternative hardware is needed)

(The machines are currently hardwired via a cisco switch - but have
been toying with WiFi for other machines in the house - ie kids
bedrooms (with net nanny of course;-)

I my view, you'd be better connecting wireless (802.11b) but you'll need a
wireless access point or router.

Using that, you can then connect your ipaq. You'll also need to install a
wireless CF card. This is costing money by the minute

Alternatively, you could snap up a bargain on ebay. This Toshiba e740 Pocket PC
has in-built wireless and cost about 180 incl P+P (shipped from the US).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3039000732