ADSL Activation

Old August 6th 03, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
foreverArsenal

Default ADSL Activation

Hi
Just a query.
I've just been told by Plusnet that my line has passed the tests and my
adsl account is now
active and I can connect via adsl,however I'm still waiting for the starter
pack so unable to yet.

I was expecting once the line was changed over to adsl at the exchange I
would have noise or
some sort of interference on my line until the filters are fitted but the
dial tone sounds just the same ,is that how it should be??
Many thanks.
--
Barry
If it ain't broke-don't fix it

/\ ~ /}
( ' o' )
( (,)

Old August 6th 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"foreverArsenal" wrote in message
I was expecting once the line was changed over to adsl at the exchange

would have noise or
some sort of interference on my line until the filters are fitted but

the
dial tone sounds just the same ,is that how it should be??

You would only hear any "noise/interference" if the ADSL modem was being
actively used on the line..

As you haven't got a modem to use - you won't hear any noise, filters or
now...

Regards
Sunil

Old August 6th 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
foreverArsenal

--

:
: ...

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

: You would only hear any "noise/interference" if the ADSL modem was being
: actively used on the line..
:
:
: Regards
: Sunil

Hi Sunil
Many thanks for that.
Stopped me worrying :-)
:
: Barry
If it ain't broke-don't fix it

/\ ~ /}
( ' o' )
( (,)

Old August 6th 03, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

snip

You would only hear any "noise/interference" if the ADSL modem was being
actively used on the line..

As you haven't got a modem to use - you won't hear any noise, filters or
now...

Regards
Sunil

I'm soon to be "switched over" to ADSL, next week infact. However, I won't
be buying my equipment until I return from hols. in a couple of weeks time.
Will I still be able to use dial-up access in the meantime? My dialup is
with Demon and the ADSL will be through Pipex. Once I've got it all working
Demon will be dropped.

Thanks.

Paul

--

Reply address is spamtrapped.
Remove theobvious for valid e-mail address.

---

Old August 6th 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tone-EQ

Will I still be able to use dial-up access in the meantime?

Yep, no problem.

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Old August 6th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Tone-EQ" wrote in message
Will I still be able to use dial-up access in the meantime?

Yep, no problem.

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Thanks, mate!

Paul.
--

Reply address is spamtrapped.
Remove theobvious for valid e-mail address.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).