Ipaq with Bluetooth - via ADSL?

Old August 7th 03, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

Default Ipaq with Bluetooth - via ADSL?

"guv" wrote in message

I'm currently toying with the idea of buying an Ipaq 3970, which is
bluetooth enabled. Primarily for a "boys and toys" item, but also for
GPS (same catergory I would assume;-)

Anyway, since I have ADSL, and one machine in the network, that has
inbuilt bluetooth, I was wondering if this could in fact be used as a
wireless conection to the internet through that "paid for" connection?

My gut feeling is that it cant - and goggle hasnt shown me one way or
the other, so hence asking here!

If you can use Active Sync over blue tooth, then you should be able to use
Pass Through to connect via the lap top. The laptop will need to be swicthed
on and logged in, with active sync running and connected to the IPq.

Anyone know if it can be done (and if alternative hardware is needed)

(The machines are currently hardwired via a cisco switch - but have
been toying with WiFi for other machines in the house - ie kids
bedrooms (with net nanny of course;-)

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

--