Freeserve and Zoom X4 Problems

Old August 7th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NealUK

Default Freeserve and Zoom X4 Problems

I was wondering if anyone can offer some help/advice.

I have a Zoom X4 USB/Ethernet Router/Modem connected to the USB port of the
computer

I am trying to access my freeserve account, which Freeserve state has been
fully set up (including the BT side of it).

On the modem itself, i have a solid green link light, indicating that the
ADSL line is functioning.

I cannot, however, access the internet. Either from from the PC or the PS2,
which is on the ethernet port.

On the diagnostics test, it passes everything, except the "Test PPP Layer
Connection"

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I am running windowws 98SE on an XP1800

Also, can anyone confirm that the format i have for the username is correct:
""[email protected]""

any help will be much appreciated

many thanks

Neal

---

Old August 8th 03, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ellis

"Ellis" wrote in message
Also, can anyone confirm that the format i have for the username is

correct:
""[email protected]""

I can confirm that your format is the same as mine. Sorry I can't help you
with the other problem. I am a newbie to broadband too. It is a bitch to
start with but does get a little better each day.

Ellis

Neal

Like you I am having problems logging on to Freeserve Broadband. This
morning I could not get a connection so I re-configured my router (Sar 715)
putting in my old user name. This time I got a successful log-in. My old
user name is the same as my new user name (the one confirmed by Freeserve in
an email) except it does not have the @fs on the end.

I dont know what to make of it all. Perhaps you could try your old
user-name and see what happens.

Good luck

Ellis

Old August 8th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NealUK

In , Satans twisted little
helper, spouted such drivel as:
[...]

Don't worry people. I'm online at last.
Freeserve were at fault. They confirmed that BT had finished its test, and
that the broadband was ready for me to access.
Could never get on. Each day i telephoned freeserve to confirm that the
line was okay. Yes they said. Phoned at 5:30 tonight, and freeserve girl
says she's just activated the line
AAaaarrgggghhh
I was getting very frustrated. Thinking the modem was broken, and zoom were
somehow at fault.

---